A home is only safe when all you can breathe is fresh and uplifting clean air. This can only be achieved by one of the best air purifiers for allergies.
It is a one-time investment that will limit the level of airborne diseases in your home or office as well as remove any allergies you might have.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means that we will earn some commission if you buy something after clicking one of these links on our site, at no cost to you.
Best Air Purifier for Allergies 2020
You just have to purchase the best one according to your needs and maintain it as per the user’s manual. Otherwise, it will break down in no time.
So, make a wise investment today with one of these best air purifier for allergies.
1. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier for Allergies
This is one of the best air purifiers for allergies and dust. It is ideal for open-concept layouts, living rooms as well as offices and other large rooms up to 1100 square feet.
It cleans the air with minimal noise coverage. You do not have to choose between high performance and noise level as this air purifier works just best without making any irritating and nauseating sounds.
You can actually customize it up to four times for optimal performance. The four different filter choices ensure that the air purifier for allergies adapts properly to changing air purification needs.
Moreover, it automatically adjusts and changes according to air quality thus prolonging the filter¢s life as well as conserving its overall energy.
It works fast by letting its fan blow a jet of pure air up to the ceiling, covering the whole room before its returns to the air purifier with drawn-in particles to be filtered. It mostly takes 2 hours, with quiet whispers that will not alter anything.
It generally maintains the tranquility of a room and comes with a lifetime warranty to ensure years of pure air in your home or office. Besides, it is Energy Star Certified.
- This air purifier is fully customizable
- It automatically detects and adjusts according to air quality thus conserving its energy use
- It uses pink noise to eliminate high-frequency frustrating sounds
- It gives a nice white noise hum sound that is soothing and peaceful to hear
- Though a bit pricey, it is worth all the money as it has excellent performance features and cleans the air efficiently. You can actually notice its strength by the room’s new aura
- It has a compact design ideal for room décor and can be tucked nicely into a wall
2. GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Purifier for Allergies
This is one of the best air purifiers for allergies and bad odors. It also inhibits the growth of mold and mildew on the filter as well as the whole air purifier. You can also check out this list by Hovement.com to find out the best air purifier for mold.
Moreover, it comes with treatments like True HEPA and Pet Pure Treatment. True HEPA ensures that 99.97% allergens like pet dander, dust mites and pollens are properly captured and filtered.
There is also Pet Pure Treatment, an antimicrobial agent that is added to the filter to inhibit any unnecessary mold growth on the surface of the filter. Your filter will never have any issues or stop working even with constant use.
Besides, it has a charcoal filter that reduces most common odors at home from pets, smoking as well as cooking odors.
This air purifier for allergies and odors stands at 28 inches and has UV-C light technology that works hand in hand with Titanium Dioxide to kill all airborne bacteria, viruses, germs as well as mold spores.
As for maintenance, only one of its filters needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on its use.
It has five adjustable speeds and can cover large and medium rooms. Besides, it makes zero noise while working.
- This air purifier and dust is ideal for medium and large sized indoor rooms
- It has a charcoal filter that enables it to easily get rid of bad odors from pets as well as cooking and smoking odors
- It can be adjusted up to 5 times for proper air purification
- This air purifier is best suited for allergies, dust, and odor makes the air fresher within days of use
- It is well built, easy to use and maintain, highly recommendable and worth the cost
3. Oransi Finn HEPA UV Air Purifier Dust Allergies
This is one of the most ideal and best air purifiers for allergies as it can clear the air silently as you sleep or relax.
Besides, it is light and portable enough to be moved around from the bedroom, basement as well as the office. It has a compact design that makes it easy to place anywhere visible or not.
Moreover, it has a carbon pre-filter that clears and cleans large dust particles as well as removes light nauseating odors. This enables the other filters to last longer and perform well.
Besides, this air purifier for allergy has a v-HEPA air filter that clears the air of all dust, allergens as well as other solid particles like pollens and airborne impurities that may be hazardous to your overall health.
As for room coverage, it can work up to 400 square feet with minimal noise level. Moreover, it has three fan speeds that ensure proper air filter and filter control. It has a UV light too.
As for use, just follow the user manual and everything will turn out fine.
Its filter life is up to 2-years and comes with two extra pre-filters for replacement. Moreover, it has a 10-year warranty.
- It has an extended filter life for up to two years and comes with two free pre-filters for replacement. Thus saving you a lot of money on replacement filters
- This air purifier is highly portable and can be moved around
- Its air filters work hand in hand together for overall performance of each
- This air purifier ensures that you sleep soundly with clean easy to breathe air
- It works as advertised and delivers perfectly
- It is better than prescribed allergy-free medications which at times do not work properly
4. GermGuardian AC5350W Elite 4-in-1 Air Filter for Allergies
This air purifier for allergy is ideal for large and medium sized rooms and can be used by anyone who suffers from allergy reactions at work or home.
It comes with a True HEPA filter that captures up to 99.97% of dust as well as allergen which are as small as .3 microns in size. This generally reduces exposure to indoor asthma.
Moreover, it has a UV-C light that works with Titanium Dioxide to kill germs, airborne bacteria, mold spores, and viruses.
Besides, it has a charcoal filter that ensures that the room remains odorless and fresher by the day. The charcoal filter captures all sorts of pet odors, smokes as well as food or cooking odors.
This digital air purifier has UV-C control as well as a filter change indicator with up to eight hours of timer functionality.
In addition, it has five adjustable speeds that ensure the allergens are cleared in a controlled manner up to sleep-mode. It is also CADR rated 110+ and stand at 28 inches and is highly portable.
It is the perfect choice for those looking for an affordable and high performing air purifier for allergies and odors that work well indoors.
- It is lightweight and highly portable
- It captures allergens as small as .3 microns
- This air purifier can clean air for both medium-sized and large rooms
- This air purifier is great for allergies and has a strong quiet suction that will leave your space fresher than it was
- You can comfortable smoke in the house without worrying about how you are going to get rid of the bad odor
5. AeraMax 100 Home HEPA Air Purifier for Allergies and Asthma
This is one of the best air purifiers for allergies, as it automatically detects any change in the air and acts upon it. Its AeroSmart sensor quickly detects and purifies the air efficiently with very minimal noise.
Moreover, it has True HEPA filter AeroSafe antimicrobial treatment that removes 99.97% of small airborne particles of up to 0.3 microns as well as other allergens like pollen, ragweed, germs, viruses, dust mites, smokes and mold spores.
Besides, it also has a special feature for cold and flu seasons. It can actually capture and filter influenza air indoors. This feature makes it ideal for use in homes or places with small kids. It can be a health and life saver in areas where allergies is a big concern.
As for usage, it mostly clears small rooms of up to 100 to 200 square feet. It is also highly portable and can be moved all over the house without any hustle. It weighs 9.2lbs and can be placed anywhere in the house.
In addition, it has been certified for asthma and other allergies by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
This white air purifier for allergies is backed with a three-year limited warranty.
- This air purifier automatically detects and clears the air even with the slightest change of bad odor or airborne pollutant
- It has the flu and cold seasonal feature that can be turned on for effective use
- It is a great product with wonderful functioning features that deliver high performance
- It works as guaranteed and helps a lot with kids especially when they have a flu
- This air purifier is very much affordable given its features as well as functionality
6. Friedrich AP260 5-Stage Air Purifier for Allergies
This air purifier for allergy and dust is one of a kind with five filters for proper functionality and durability.
It has a pre-filter, multi-filter, HEPA filter, carbon filter and plasma generator that enables it to clean up big and small particles as well as different kinds of odors from smokers to pet odors.
Moreover, its enhanced HEPA filter cleans up to 99.97% and gets rid of small particles of .03 microns without any problems. Besides, it also filters dust, pollen and mold spores.
It automatically detects and adjusts according to air quality. Likewise, it changes colors according to the air quality using its unique color-changing LED side display.
It also purifies air silently and adjusts to light settings very well. You can never hear a sound from it even while sleeping. It works silently and becomes even mute in the dark.
Moreover, it is energy efficient and clears air up to 260 square feet and comes with a remote control for easier control and functionality.
Additionally, it is lightweight and portable and comes with a carry handle. It weighs 18.3lbs.
It has a compact design and can fit the décor of any home beautifully. No need for hiding it.
- This air purifier automatically switches on according to air quality
- It has five filters that work together to ensure proper air cleanup as well as durability of each one of them
- It is highly portable and has a carry handle
- This air purifier is very silent and becomes even quieter when the room is dark
- It picks up a lot of dust and clears the room for bad odor without disturbing the peace night or day
- It generally works as advertised
7. Dreval D-950 Air Purifier for Allergies
This is a unique air purifier for allergies, pollutants, and dust. It is ideal for bedroom and living rooms.
Besides, it has an odor sensor that adjusts according to the air quality. It detects any pollutants and odors and automatically regulates the fan speed according to the constantly changing air quality.
Moreover, it also has a combination of multiple filters that ensure that it cleans up to 99.9% of air.
The Cold Catalyst Filter helps break down different kinds of harmful gasses and toxins like ammonium, benzene and hydrogen sulfide.
It also has the Cellular Activated Carbon Filter with a 98% absorption rate. It removes odors and absorbs harmful gasses.
Likewise, the Antimicrobial Filter eliminates the growth of molds and bacteria on the surface of the filter when in use. As for True HEPA Filter, it removes 99.97% of particles which are as small as 0.3 microns or larger.
Additionally, it has a built-in ultrasonic humidifier, negative ion generator and UV lamp that work together to eliminate musty odors and prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses through the air as well as improve its quality.
It covers rooms up to 430 square feet and comes with a 2-year warranty.
- This air purifier for allergies and odors has an add-on humidifier and ionizer for effective functionality
- It has multiple filters for effective and thorough air filtration
- It is highly portable
- It is amazing and works wonders without any problems
- It works great for pet odors as well as other small household odors
- It is durable and has a long working period with great customer service, highly recommendable
8. Sylvan Complete World’s Best Air Purifier for Allergies
This air purifier for allergies is ideal for big rooms and covers up to 1800-2600 square feet depending on the level of purification you adjust it to. Besides, it has five adjustable speed levels that can be changed according to air quality and room coverage.
Moreover, it also has five adjustable Ozone functions that work tirelessly to remove any mold and bad odors as well as control the fire water restoration functionality.
It has a True HEPA filter that removes 99.97% of dust and allergen which are as small as .3 microns. Besides, it has a large LCD display that shows the level of air quality. You can also make some changes using its manual remote control.
Moreover, its UV-C light technology works hand in hand with Titanium Dioxide and a photocatalyst filter to eliminate 99% of airborne bacteria, mildew, and viruses.
In addition, it has a whisper quiet five-speed purification fan that draws in air quietly and ensures that the room remains fresh and clean 24/7.
Its electrostatic ionizer purification with negative ions (01) removes all airborne pollutants, pet dander, unpleasant odors and allergies as small as .01 microns.
It is durable and has an output of 20 KV.
- It has an electrostatic ionizer purification for proper filtration of airborne pollutants
- It has a five-speed purification fan for effective air clean up and sanitization
- This allergen air purifier has an adjustable Ozone function with five level of purification and sterilization
- It works as advertised and reduces any airborne health risk in the house
- Works very well with more than two pets in the house and removes all other kinds of odor
- It is easy to use and comes with very straightforward instructions on use and maintenance
9. SilverOnyx 3-in-1 Air Purifier for Allergies
This allergen air purifier is ideal for home and office use. It can also be used in medical institutions due to its high level of air purification.
It comes with five levels of purification filters that ensure every bad odor, pollutants and mold are all cleared off the air.
The mesh pre-filter is meant to clear all hair and pet dander. Besides, it has H13 HEPA filter that removes 99.97% ultrafine particles and allergens. In addition, its activated carbon filter clears all bad odors and contaminations.
It also has ion generator that releases negatively charged molecules that attack airborne allergens so as to improve air quality.
Moreover, it has a UV-C light that destroys small microorganisms like bacteria, molds, and pathogens.
It also has other easy to use features that help it function best to ensure that it delivers and performs well without hiccups.
This air purifier is highly portable and can be placed anywhere in the room because of its compact design and great aesthetics. It weighs 4lbs and is easy to operate and maintain.
It works silently and won’t disturb your sleep even at night. You can turn off its lights without disturbing its functionality.
- This air purifier for allergies, dust and bad odors has a compact design and is highly portable
- It is medical grade and ideal for medical institutions
- It has five levels of filtration for effective air cleanse
- This air purifier for allergies does not need any replacement filters as you can clean it yourself and save loads of maintenance costs
- It removes every sort of odor as well as dust and other micro-pollutants and clears the air in a matter of hours
- It meets its expectations and works as advertised, highly recommendable
10. Airfree Onix 3000 Filterless Air Purifier for Allergies
This air purifier for allergies, dust and bad odors is ideal for rooms that are up to 650 square feet. Moreover, it works silently and has an adjustable night light for easy sleeping and coziness. It won’t disturb you even one bit.
It has an exclusive Patented Thermodynamic TSS technology that applies the same concept as boiling water when filtering and purifying the surrounding misty air. Thus it uses heat to destroy microorganisms and attain 100% of quality fresh air.
Besides, it does not have any fans or filters but still manages to destroy all molds, allergens, dust mites, viruses, pollens, pet dander as well as ozone, tobacco and other airborne organic pollutants.
It also has low energy consumption as it is filter-less and does not generate any dangerous emissions while working.
Moreover, it does not have any ion, ozone or UV light and is guaranteed to reduce the level of ozone up to 26%. This enables it to remove all forms of allergies and asthma that may be hazardous to your health.
It is easy to use and maintain and comes with an instructional manual as well.
It is lightweight and portable with zero noise level. It weighs 3.3lbs.
- This allergen air purifier is lightweight and highly portable
- It comes with an adjustable night light for convenience and comfort
- It also has no UV light, no ions, and Ozone. It actually reduces ozone by 26%
- It is highly effective and works silently
- This air purifier for allergies and dust is low maintenance as it does not have fans or filters
- It has long working period, up to two years and above even five years depending on the level of use
What to Look For While Buying Air Purifier for Allergies?
When it comes to selecting air purifiers for allergies always be on the lookout for some of these factors below.
- Features– Always ensure that the air purifier for allergies has the right features for your needs be it a sensor or UV light.
- Effectiveness-You should also consider its level of performance as well as what it purifies most and what it cannot filtrate.
- Square Footage-You should also consider the coverage that it can filtrate in a square foot. This is always indicated on the item. So, you just have to consider the square foot of your room.
- Style-You can also opt for an air purifier that fits your taste as well as your overall home décor.
- Price-When it comes to price, always consider its effectiveness and coverage. Air purifiers do not come cheap but they are affordable when it comes to basic features and effectiveness.
- Maintenance– You should also consider the level of maintenance you will be doing once you purchase it. The less it costs the better.
- Reasons you need an air purifier-You should also consider why you need an air purifier as opposed to other air-cleansing equipment. This will help you make the perfect choice when it comes to selecting one for your home or office.
- Size and Location-Always consider its size and remember big is not always better or effective. In relations to size, also consider where in your home or office you are going to put the air purifier. This will help you buy the appropriate size and design.
- Sound Level-You should also consider the noise level of the air purifier before purchasing it. Less noise does not mean low performance. They work best even when silent.
- Warranty-You should also consider its warranty lifetime. The shorter it is, the shorter the lifespan of your air purifier