Every now and then you will need an easy to handle and carry projector screen for work or other personal use. The best option is always a portable projector screen.
Most of the portable projector screens are lightweight and won’t weigh you down. Moreover, they are usually between 15-100 inches wide. Easy to fold and travel with anywhere. You just slip it in a backpack or a laptop bag and you are good to go.
However, screens that are more than 30 inches are often sold with a carry case which can be used as a frame for mounting the screen.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means that we will earn some commission if you buy something after clicking one of these links on our site, at no cost to you.
Best Portable Projector Screen Reviews 2020
These can be opened horizontally or pulled up vertically depending on use. Likewise, always check the screen gain in case you are planning to use it outside.
It is basically a multi-purpose and useful equipment that often comes in handy anywhere, at work, home or during epic travels.
#1. Celexon 80″ Tripod Ultra Lightweight Portable Projector Screen
This is a very lightweight and easy to set and use portable projector screen. You can use it on the road, at home as well as work for a small group presentation.
It has 80-inches of the white diagonal viewing area and comes with a black carry case that is often used as its frame. Its robust fiberglass fabric has a 1.0 gain at 120 degrees viewing angle and is M1 Non-flammability class certified.
It has three tripod legs for proper stance and firmness as well as a 4-rod spring tension system for holding the screen steady. Likewise, they ensure that the fabric is held taut for proper visibility and quality viewing.
You can also adjust its height for proper viewing.
Moreover, it is easy to transport and weighs less than 11lbs. Its aspect ratio is 16:9 format for the cinema screen.
You won’t have to hustle with it when it comes to assembling. It is basically a one-man job and takes less than 5-minutes.
It is often supplied with a plastic sleeve for extra protection while transporting as well as a robust protective shipping tube.
You can never ask for more when you have this multi-purpose portable projector screen
What We Liked Most:
- It has 4 rods with spring system tension to hold the screen firmly
- Easy to set up, under 3 minutes
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- It adjusts to the right height for audience view
- It stretches and rolls up well without any hitches
- The tripod is a bit short for big room presentations
- Its screen has a slightly noticeable diagonal distortion on it
#2. Epson Duet 80-Inch Dual Aspect Ratio Portable Projector Screen
It is one of the best portable projector screens good enough for business presentations as well as home theater use. It is flexible and elegant enough to be used for fun stuff and serious work things.
It comes with its own carry case that unfolds to make up the frame for the screen view. The duet roll-up expands from the center and forms up to its own carry case when closed. About 43 inches long.
It is also easy to assemble and mount in any given area. You can mount it on a floor stand as you set it up or a wall with included wall bracket. After which you can pull the screen out to the recommended size that is ideal for you.
Ideally, the screen can stretch up to 80 inches for wide viewing but you can always have it at 65 inches for basic standard viewing in accordance to your needs.
Moreover, it has an innovative patent-pending design that makes it white screen easy to handle and adjust accordingly.
You can never ask for more with this stylish portable projector screen.
It is highly portable and does not damage easily. You can also travel with it anywhere.
What We Liked Most:
- It is highly flexible and multi-purpose. You can use it at work or at home
- It has the option for mounting on the wall
- Easy to fold and unfold as well as mount
- It has adjustable white screen for standard views as well as wide views
- It is a bit heavy because of the dual enclosures that come together from left and right. Weighs 19 pounds
- Its height can be challenging, as it is a bit shorter and may require a stand
#3. Elite Screens Yard Master 2, 120-inches 16:9, 4K Ultra HD Ready Portable Projector Screen
This screen is ideal for outdoor fun as it can withstand any weather condition rain or sunshine. However, do not leave it outside for a long period of time especially if the weather is too bad. Always fold it for indoor storage for longevity.
Its wide 120-inch diagonal screen view has an 180 degrees viewing angle as well as a 1.1 gain full Lambertian Diffuser-no half gain drop. Moreover, it has active 3D, 4K Ultra HD as well as HDR ready.
It has a black back for proper high-quality bright images.
It also features a fully tensioned snap button silver aluminum frame that ensures a flat projection surface. The single-piece aluminum frame comes with detachable legs, support rings, screen material, rigging cords and ground stakes for easier installation.
It is easy to assemble and mount. Moreover, it is lightweight and easy to carry. It comes with a padded carrying bag for convenience and storage after use.
It works well with Regular, Short or Ultra Short Throw projectors.
It is ISO9001 manufacturer since 2004 and comes with a 2-year manufacturers warranty by Elite screens.
So, go ahead and enjoy quality viewing outdoors. You can camp with it at any given environment.
What We Liked Most:
- It is multi-purpose and works well outdoors, come rain or the sun
- It is made from weather-resistant materials that make it perfect for outdoor viewing
- It is very easy to set-up and requires no tools to assemble it
- It has rigid solid construction with a quality screen that fits perfectly into the frame
- The screen often has creases at first use, where it folds for storage. But they often disappear slightly after some time
- Breaking it down is hard and might require two or more people
#4. JaeilPLM 100-Inch Wrinkle-Free Portable Outdoor Projector Screen
This outdoor portable projector screen is ideal for a fun outdoor family time as well as friends get-togethers. You can also pack it for long camping trips and relaxed outdoor adventures anywhere.
It has 100-inch view screen for 4K video projection and is wrinkle-free as it is made from flicker-free PVC fabric. Its black background provides for quality image viewing.
Moreover, it stretches smoothly and does not require any use of inflatables, air compressors or electricity generators. It takes up to 15 minutes for it to be fully assembled.
Moreover, it has a 1.1 gain, matte white screen.
It also comes with lightweight aluminum poles and fixtures for screen support as well as a triangular base frame for its whole stability. The screen is attached to the pole with velcro fasteners for proper support. With such backing, it is unlikely to topple or be swept away even after tolerable impact.
Consequently, it is highly portable and can be dismantled for easier car and hand carriage. Likewise, it is extremely lightweight and weighs 15lbs. It comes with a free portable carry bag.
So, plan your outdoor days with one of these portable projector screens.
It also comes with one-year manufacturer warranty.
What We Liked Most:
- It has the best screen, large enough for a group of people to view and enjoy
- It is very easy to assemble
- Comes with a portable carry case for secure transport and storage
- Its screen is not inflatable therefore it won’t get holes. You can also wipe it in case it gets dirty
- It does not blow over when in use as it is firmly held together with velcro fasteners
- It is a bit heavy and requires a few hands to disassemble it
- It is hard to expand the screen without the triangular stable base
#5. Camp Chef OS92L 92-Inch Portable Projector Screen
This a very quality projector screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio and 92 inches wide. Its diagonal view area makes for easy viewing either indoors or outdoors.
Moreover, you can take it to camp, watch movies with it, use it a business seminar as well as a sports event or any other game you want loads of people to see.
It is easy to set up and dismantle. You just connect the frames together and clip the screen into place and tighten its straps for stability. The four frame stakes and four guylines increase stability and are easy to set-up.
The screen is made from strong durable oxford nylon that is reflective enough to show high-quality images and colors. It is white in color.
Moreover, it is designed to be used with a portable projector.
Other features include two carry bags, one for poles and one for the screen.
It weighs 16 pounds and has a durable 18-gauge ¾ inch powder coated, steel tubing for protection against external elements.
With this projector screen, you won’t have to worry about noise from the inflatable screen or hustle for power to run it. You just assemble and let it work its magic.
What We Liked Most:
- It is highly multi-purpose and convenient for loads of viewing and presentation stuff
- It can be used indoors and outdoors
- It has a quality view screen
- It is highly portable
- The screen cannot be wiped in case it gets dirty
- It takes a bit of time to assemble and disassemble
#6. VIVO 100″ Portable Projector Screen
This is one of the best portable projector screens with high-quality viewing as well as easy portability features.
It has a 100-inch diagonal screen and a 4:3 aspect ratio with 120 degrees of viewing angle perfect for schools, business, and home use. But you can always adjust the screen for proper view.
Moreover, it has a matte white surface screen that diffuses light in all directions. Likewise, its black back allows for proper light control and eliminates light penetration. In addition to all this, it has four black borders on its sides to enhance image contrast.
It also comes with a portable tripod screen stand for convenience.
You can actually increase its height via the back handle which has an auto-locking mechanism for simple screen adjustments. You just press the button and twist the handle to lock the height into place.
It has a 1.1 screen gain and is compatible with the majority of LED, LCD or DLP projectors.
It is ideal for novice users and those who love to travel a lot.
It weighs 15lbs and can be packed to any location.
You can easily set it up in a few minutes and pack it after use without hustles.
What We Liked Most:
It comes with an easy to follow instruction manual
- Easy to set-up and carry
- It has a great screen, perfect for movie night
- It is very stable after set-up
- It does not come with a carry case
- You cannot use it without the tripod
- Ideal for indoor use only
#7. VIVO 84″ Portable Projector Screen
This portable projector screen is ideal for any indoor setting. You can use it at home, school, work or travel with it for a job or indoor seminars.
It comes with an 84-inch diagonal view screen, an aspect ratio of 4:3 and a viewing angle of 120 degrees. Likewise, its screen can be adjusted a little for proper viewing.
It has a 1.1 gain that prevents spotting and provides high-quality images for viewing at different angles. Moreover, it has a black back cover that eliminates light penetration and ensures the picture quality is sharp and clear.
On the same note, its white matte surface screen diffuses light in all directions for image quality. Besides, its four-sided black borders enhance image contrast.
As for stability, it has a portable tripod stand for support and steadiness.
Its height can also be adjusted for the proper view using the auto-locking mechanism back handle. It is simple to use ad you can adjust as you use it. Just press the button and twist the handle so as to lock the recommended height into place.
Consequently, it is compatible with the majority of the portable projectors in the market especially LED, LCD and DLP projectors.
What We Liked Most:
- It is highly portable and multi-purpose
- It is easy to set-up
- It has quality view screen
- You can adjust its height
- Some of its edges are sharp so be careful while handling it
- It does not have a slipcover
- The bracket connecting the screen to the tripod is a bit flimsy and can be a problem over time
#8. Elite Screens Tripod, 50-inch, Adjustable Multi Aspect Ratio Portable Pull Up Projection Projector Screen
This projector screen is ideal for indoors and can be used outside at times when the weather is great. You can use it to teach a class, present work as well as watch movies in your backyard.
It is multi-purpose and comes with a black-backed cover that prevents light penetration and loss. Moreover, the four black masking borders also enhance picture contrast.
It has a 50-inch diagonal multi-layer weave screen with 180 degrees viewing angle and a 1.1 aspect ratio. Likewise, its gain is also 1.1 and ensures no spotting or wrinkles on the screen.
It can be adjusted for proper viewing. This you can achieve by using its auto-locking mechanism. The system provides various options for height setting and is easy to operate.
Moreover, the standard keystone eliminator creates flexibility by preventing and correcting any image distortion that is produced by tall or low projection angles.
It is also mildew resistant and can be cleaned with mild water and soap.
Besides, it is highly durable and has a heavy duty case for longevity.
It comes with an optional black or white carry case.
This projector screen is GreenGuard and GreenGuard GOLD Certified UL/2818. And has a two-year manufacturer warranty.
What We Liked Most:
- It is multi-purpose and mildew resistant and can be used outdoors for movie night
- You can clean it with mild soap and water
- You can adjust it for proper screen view
- It has quality thick screen that does not allow ambient light through
- It has an optional convenient carry case for transport and storage
- There is no way you can lock in the angle of the bottom of the screen, so it tends to tilt
- The legs of the tripod are a bit tricky ad hard to remove, but once done they hold the screen fine
- So, there you have it. Some of the best portable projector screens, very affordable, multi-purpose and high quality.